Monday, April 27, 2009

A Year of Fog

Read in April

397 pages

Abby Mason, photographer, turns away from 6 year old Emma for just a moment, that's all it took to lose her fiance's little girl. With determination and heartache Abby searches her memory and San Fransico in search for Emma.



This book was very sad and bittersweet. I really did enjoy this book, the chapters are short so it was easy to find a stopping point without forgetting anything so I could take care of other things. There were a few chapters or parts of chapters that I thought were a bit dry and unneccessary. Abby's search for Emma takes her to Costa Rica, which really made me want to become and expat, learn to surf, and just live on the beach. This is a must read.



Links I like for this book:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Year-of-Fog/Michelle-Richmond/e/9780553591392/?itm=1



http://michellerichmond.com/

www.bantamdell.com

2 comments:

  1. I recently finished "Remember Me" by Sophie Kinsella. A+++ book!! You have to read it!

    Now I'm caught up in "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. It's being made into a movie this summer and I'm the type of person that HAS to read the book first. If you choose to read this, have a Kleenex handy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, My Sister's Keep was the first Picoult book I read, it actually made me cry. I have been following the making of the movie, not sure if I like how it was cast and they are leaving some characters out so I can already tell it's not going to be half as good as the book, but I'll still go see it. I am also the type of person that HAS to read the book before seeing the movie. One good movie was In Her Shoes. Jennifer Weiner wrote the book, it's one of my favorites. I actually saw the movie first, loved it, then grabbed the book, which has a lot more than the movie, it was FANTASTIC! Thanks for the comments Shannon, keep those recommendations coming!

    ReplyDelete