Thursday, April 2, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Read in March/April
350 pages
Becky Bloomwood has a fabulous flat in London's trendiest neighborhood, a troupe of glamorous socialite friends, and a closet brimming with the season's must-haves. The only trouble is that she can't actually afford it -- not any of it.

I bought this book because it was on sale. I'm mildly interested in seeing the movie and I wanted to read the book before I saw the movie. I found Becky to be mostly really annoying and selfish. I really don't understand her thought process at all. What frightens me is that there really are people like her out there walking around. The end seemed to all just come together with a perfect pretty bow. However, through the whole thing I did laugh a few times. The letters from the bank responding to Becky's lame attempts to not pay her bills I found amusing. I'll probably read a few of other books in the series but not anytime soon. I was say this is good summer reading. I read it rather quickly, it didn't really take a lot of thinking. Easy plot, easy story, easy everything.

Links I like for this book:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?r=1&ISBN=9780385335485&ourl=Confessions%2Dof%2Da%2DShopaholic%2FSophie%2DKinsella

www.readsophiekinsella.com

1 comment:

  1. This series is my all-time favorite! You definitely need to read all of them. The movie is great too... After you finish this series, I STRONGLY recommend Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. "One for the Money" is the first. I'm on book 11 of this series and am HOOKED!!

    ReplyDelete