Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark



Read in June
416 pages

Hours after throwing a third birthday party for their twins Kathy and Kelly in their Connecticut home, Margaret and Steve Frawley return home from a dinner in New York to discover the police in the house, their daughters missing, and an eight million dollar ransom note. The Frawleys meet the kidnapper's demands, but the abandoned car they're led to contains only Kelly, the body of the driver, and a suicide note, saying he had inadvertently killed Kathy and dumped her body in the ocean



Never did I think I would pick up a Mary Higgins Clark book. I was doing private care for a patient of mine who loved to read but was not able to anymore due to her failing eyesight. She was a big fan of Clark's and had asked me to read this book to her. Unfortunatly she passed before we could finish the book together and I went ahead and finished it on my own. I really had to know what happened to both the little girls in blue. Clark really plays up the whole twin telepathy thing, which is sorta interesting, but I think she really whacks you over the head repeatedly with it. I really felt for Margaret, the mother, though I can't imagine having my child taken from me, I could feel for her as a mother and a wife. The twists and turns are pretty obvious I thought, but entertaining nonetheless. I probably won't be picking up another of her books anytime soon, but I won't totally write her off. She does seem like a good author for a more mature audience, and yes, I'm talking old people, the "murder she wrote" generation, lol, sorry, had to put that in there.

Sorry, no links for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment